Friday, May 18, 2012

The Nicest Hotel I Have Ever Stayed At

After traveling around for the past 9 months staying in hostels and eating paninis and all the other cheap food in the world, anything that has a nice shower, you don't have to worry about people stealing your money, and you have food for free then is a great place. However, today we checked in to the Rome Cavalieri and I must say that LIFE IS GOOD!!

The main lobby at the Cavalieri
Three paintings, 7 Million Euros, one awesome sitting area in the lobby!

Because of my parents status with the Hilton hotel chain it allows us to have some really cool benefits. For example; today when we got to the hotel they moved us over to a different lady to check in to the hotel. She gave us fresh orange juice and water. It was highly unneeded, but I enjoyed it very much. The complex here at the hotel is suitable for the Queen of England, but rather we are stuck with hanging out with the ATP tennis players in the Imperial Club at the hotel while they are competing in their tournament here in Rome.

Relaxing in the Imperial lounge overlooking the Vatican this afternoon.

Speaking of the Imperial Club, I am right now seated at an outside table with my Mom, Dad, and my older sister Kortney in the Imperial Club overlooking Rome by nightlight. We are enjoying some desserts, fresh fruit, and Kortney and I have some hot tea as well. It contains some of the wealthiest people I have ever been around and to be honest it makes me a tad bit uncomfortable even though I love it! Perfect example; on our way back to the room (4 minutes ago) my mom and I ran into Maria Sharapova in the hallway.

Aunt Gail and Mom on the outdoor patio.
Kortney up on the rooftop terrace.

I am not saying all of this to sound  like a stuck up, too good for everyone else type of guy because I would never consider myself like that, but rather to say that in the last 2 weeks I have really recognized how fortunate and lucky I am; I have been to 9 countries in Europe and 45+ cities in Italy in the past 8 1/2 months. Now compare that with the fact that I just turned 21 this January and my parents are (well my mom doesn't look a day older than 35) just under 50 and this is their first time in Europe.... BLESSED!

I am going to continue to enjoy the time I have left here (6 days) and be thankful for it all, because unfortunately it is all coming to an end. It has been an awesome 9 months, and I am excited for the next 5 days as well. Rather, this has been an absolutely amazing way to finish up my time here in Italy.

My view while writing this
The Vatican from our hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment