Friday, May 25, 2012

Aaron and Elyse Adams

So I want to give you all a quick update on what has been going on since the last time I wrote a blogpost. The only problem is that I have been so busy I haven't had time to, and today I probably have the least amount of time out of any of them so I will try to get to that next week! Today however, is far more important to me; I have the great honor of being in Aaron and Elyse's wedding!

Elyse and Aaron
Just to give a little bit of back story on this all so that the things that I say about the two of them seem valid;

I met Aaron in High School just through being active and involved in some of the same things. He was a cool guy to me that I hung out with just a few times, but never really got to know. It wasn't until about two summers ago when I got a hold of him about some God things that I really got to know him better. One of the greatest things about Aaron is his burning love for God! I find it awesome to have a friend like him who lives his life for God and has never been afraid to show or talk about it!

Aaron at camp with some students
I got to know Elyse, as well as Aaron even more, when a group of us created a small group that met every Wednesday. My first impression of Elyse was that she was far too quiet and reserved for me so the only way I was able to overcome that was by asking her all kinds of questions all of the time that she had to answer and slowly but surely she came around! In fact yesterday was the first day that I say her since I have returned to America and she greeted me with the lovely comment of "I was excited for you to come back because I have missed your hugs!". - This made me smile!

Elyse with their dog Bowen
All of that is somewhat unimportant unless we were just talking about two people independently. RATHER today I am in their WEDDING... so I think it is much more important to talk about the two of them together.

I have never told either of them this before, but after looking at the two of them and the amazing relationship they have I am sure that I would not be able to get married to someone if I didn't feel like our relationship was in the same level of theirs. They have one of those relationships that you look at and just say "they know how to make it work" and by being observant I can see that it is out of love and grace towards one another. I love to take small tips from their relationship to help me learn and improve my own.

BEST OF LUCK YOU TWO AND I LOVE YOU BOTH!
The one thing that amazes me the most about the two of them is when you talk to them about each other separately. Because I have been abroad for the past 9 months I have missed ALL of their engagement, however one of the last things I did before I left for Italy was spend a day with Aaron frisbee golfing and some other things. It was ironically a day or two after Aaron had bought the engagement ring for Elyse. I was blown away about the way he talked about Elyse. The way he places her on a pedestal and lives to honor her is in its own way honorable. Elyse is ironically the same way! She talks so highly of Aaron and respects him so much. I am amazed at the way in which she trusts him and turns to him to make the right decisions for the two of them. She looks to his leadership to lead their relationship and having that open ended trust is awesome.

When you see the two of them together it is very easily to recognize how meant for each other the two of them truly are. It is the way they communicate, the happiness that the two of them bring each other, and most importantly the way the two of them complement each other and make each other better people. They have this burning love for each other that I have seen in very few couples.It's difficult to describe it all without ever seeing because so much of their connection and relationship has to do with just seeing the connection in between the two of them!

I am just incredibly happy for them and excited for them and their future!

The day of their engagement at Hawking Hills State Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment